Are you really looking ahead to delete Facebook Account?
Do you have any idea how to delete Facebook account?
It’s actually not that easy to find Facebook delete account link as you can only fetch the same only upon request made to Facebook.
But not to worry. You are not the only person on this planet, who is looking to delete FB account now. Many people, who created one or more accounts in this social media podium a decade back or since its start, are not looking to continue with the same mainly due to security or privacy concerns.
Here is a short video on “How to Delete Facebook Account”.
Reasons Why Users are looking to permanently Delete Facebook Account?
Several users were quite keen to create a Facebook account in the initial stage for personal or official use. But later on, they lost interest in the same and decided to permanently delete Facebook account due to certain reasons. Some of them are as follows:
- Security loopholes, being the primary reason.
- Server outage issues.
- Compatibility issues with a web browser or OS.
- Facebook App unresponsiveness freezes the Smartphone Device.
- Time management issues.
- Facebook makes life full of anxiety.
- Privacy concerns loom as third-party app collects the personal data from Facebook.
Certain queries keep emerging in the mind of users when they look ahead to delete or deactivate a Facebook account.
- How can I delete my Facebook Account?
- Where can I find Delete Facebook account link?
- How to delete Facebook account permanently without waiting 14 days?
- I want to delete my Facebook account now!! How to get it done?
As no official customer service is offered to registered FB users through phone, email or chat support, they do not get the proper resolution to the problems associated with Facebook account delete or deactivation.
Certain users generally get confused with between the terms delete and deactivation of the Facebook account in quick time. It’s quite natural, but there is a huge difference when it comes to implementing both the processes.
Is Facebook Account Deactivation and Delete Actually the Same Thing? An Outright Discussion
Users, in the mainstream; have a thought that deactivation of Facebook account actually means permanent deletion of FB account. But that’s actually a wrong myth prevailing amongst them.
The most interesting part of this deactivation process is that you can get the Facebook activated in minutes just by entering the sign-in credentials. The FB account once deactivated can be activated even after several months with the friend’s list intact, provided the friends or known ones have not deleted you from their FB account.
This is actually the twist that has created confusion among FB users that Facebook de-activation and deletion process is one under the same thing.
But users cannot access the Facebook account after 14 days of placing FB account deletion request. During those 14 days, the Facebook account is in deactivation mode and can be re-activated and let users change their mind to restore their social media account again.
Not to worry, certain steps are being enumerated to make clear that the process of deactivation and deletion of Facebook account is entirely different.
Steps to Deactivate Facebook Account
- Login into Facebook account with authentic sign-in credentials.
- Once logged in successfully, you are redirected to the news feed page.
- Take your mouse to the down arrow key seen in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on it to get the items listed in the drop down list.
- Take your mouse to the settings option and again click to reach the General account settings page.
- As the page gets redirected to the same, you will find the Manage Account option.
- Just take your mouse over there and click on the Edit option corresponding to the message.
- As you do the same, the entire content related to Legacy contact and Deactivate appears on the screen.
- Click on the link “Deactivate Your Account”.
- Once done, a new page appears on the screen for you to choose the any of the listed options under heading “Are you sure you want to deactivate your account?”.
- Check the box if you want to opt out of the future messages from Facebook.
- Click on the Deactivate button to make the changes effective.
What Actually Different in the Facebook Account Deletion?
Now, it turns to unveil the process of Facebook account deletion that happens completely after 90 days of placing a request by users. But make sure, you take backup of entire Facebook data.
Facebook Account Backup Process
- Login into the Facebook account by entering the registered email address and password.
- Navigate to the General account security page by clicking on the settings option through the items listed under down arrow key.
- There you will find the option “Download A Copy of Facebook Data”
- Click on it and wait for a new page to display on the screen.
- As the slide appears on the device screen, click on the button “Start My Archive”
- Upon doing this, a user is asked to authenticate its ownership over the Facebook account
- Press the continue button to proceed with taking backup of your Facebook Data.
- As soon as the button is pressed, the dialog box appears with a text message see below
“It may take a little while for us to gather your photos, wall posts, messages, and other information. We will then ask you to verify your identity in order to help protect the security of your account.”
- Read and understand the message carefully. Press the button “Start My Archive” to go ahead with the process of taking FB account back up.
- A message will display on the screen “We’re generating your personal archive. We’ll email you when it’s ready.”
- It takes few minutes for the Facebook to prepare backup files of your FB profile. You can check the message sent by Facebook to your registered email address and click on the link to download the backup file in minutes.
Facebook Account Deletion Process
Now let’s talk about how your FB account can be deleted permanently. Once the backup file is downloaded to your device, you can start with the process to delete Facebook account using the web browser.
- Open a new tab on the same web browser and type the url mentioned herein:
- Press the enter key and wait for the dashboard to display on the screen.
- As the new slide is displayed on your device screen, a text message can be seen written within a box.
- Read it carefully and finally press the button “ Delete My Account” if you do not want to have a second thought before deleting the Facebook account.
- Once the button is pressed, a rectangular dialog box is displayed, in which it is asked to enter the Facebook password and fill up the captcha form to confirm that Facebook user is a human, not an automated machine.
- Press the OK button upon entering the necessary details and your Facebook account gets deactivated for 14 days. If a user changes his/her mind and enters the login credential in Facebook account even once, the process of account deletion turns out to be null and void.
As Facebook takes 90 days to delete the account permanently, but the grace period of 14 days is given to the user to think again. Once the assigned time period is over, the user will lose access to his/her FB account on a permanent basis. You can take help of Facebook customer support number while deleting Facebook account.